Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Obligatory "What Kind of X are You?" Quiz

You Are a Hunter Soul

You are driven and ambitious - totally self motivated to succeed. Actively working to acheive what you want, you are skillful in many areas. You are a natural predator with strong instincts ... and more than a little demanding. You are creative, energetic, and an extremely powerful force.

An outdoors person, you like animals and relate to them better than people. You tend to have an explosive personality, but also a good sense of humor. People sometimes see you as arrogant or a know it all. You tend to be a bit of a loner, though you hate to be alone.

Souls you are most compatible with: Seeker Soul and Peacemaker Soul
What Kind of Soul Are You?



How did they guess that I like animals better than people? I don't remember any questions about animals on the quiz.

But it's true. I am completely ambivalent about humanity: I believe--along with Anne Frank--that people are truly good at heart. But in general I find it almost impossible to trust anyone. (There are some exceptions.)

I once learned to build a wall around myself in order to survive.

I feel kinship with animals and nature, not humankind. As I learn more about my own limitations and proclivities, I come to realize that I am human. But the wall is still there. Are other human beings human? I'm slowly learning compassion, but I don't expect compassion from anyone else.

Is the wall coming down? I'll tell you: it wasn't my idea. I'm still angry. Suffering makes me angry--my own and other people's suffering. But the wall does seem to be coming down slowly, deteriorating, as if under the effects of wind and rain. I'm ambivalent about it. But I won't stand in the way.

No comments: