Thursday, June 29, 2006

Lord, what fools these mortals be

Recently I decided to re-read all the works of Shakespeare. I read most of them many years ago (but I bet that I skipped the history plays.) So I borrowed a friend's Compleat and have worked my way through the comedies. Love's Labour's Lost is a stupid-ass play, and All's Well that Ends Well isn't very good (I was in a production of that once - now I wonder what possessed the director to choose that play) but all the rest are great.

While taking a break from that, I visited Making Light and in a fit of utter randomness, clicked on the link to Thomas M. Disch's blog. I'd heard the name, and may have read some of his short stories. I know I haven't read any of his books.

His poetry is marvelous! OMG! Now I'm feeling especially mortal and foolish to have missed out on his work for so long. He has been added to the sidebar, under "Endzone."

No comments: