Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Snail

It was a rainy weekend. In the afternoon, when it stopped raining, I went out to stretch my legs. Walking around the neighborhood, I came across a snail on a rosebush.

I haven't seen all that many snails, for some reason, and this one was different from the small snails that I have seen. It was about medium-sized, and its shell was yellow with a brown line describing the spiral of its shell. It was very pretty.

It was hanging upside down on a leaf, and there was liquid dripping off its head. I'm not sure if it was rain or some kind of snail slime. I watched it moving its head around. Snails don't appear to have much in the way of facial features - just two little horns.

I've heard that snails are considered to be pests. But this was one cute snail.

No comments: